In an effort to get that weird Mike Quade picture off the featured pages rotation, and try to test out our NetworkedBlogs feature via Facebook, and just to generally pimp this thing out, here are some brief questions…
1. Why does Bob Brenly hate Aramis Ramirez? For that matter, why do Cubs fans? I mean, he’s only been the best third baseman since Ron Santo for the Cubs, and Santo never even made the playoffs. It’s strange.
2. Will Theo Epstein become the new Cubs GM? And is Andrew Friedman on speed-dial as a contingency plan? If the Yankees lose tonight, how about Brian Cashman? Choices!
3. We still have no idea what the roster will look like next season because we don’t know who our GM will be, despite whatever Phil Rogers says.
4. Did they clean out the black slime from the ice machines in Wrigley Field?
5. I wonder if Ricketts will pull out some money to sign Pujols to play 3B, Fielder to play 1B, Reyes to play SS, slide Castro over to 2B, get some random guy to fill out the outfield, and then sign CJ Wilson and CC Sabathia. That would be epic. Am I dreaming? Probably.
6. More likely, I wonder if Ricketts will decide to tell whoever the new GM is, even if it’s Theo, to save some money and build from the ground up before splurging on the next batch of free agents. Anyone else think that’s a bad idea?
7. Why is WordPress theme editor so stupid?
8. Was there a question 8? (I got this from somebody…I forget whom. If you know, let me know, they deserve credit.)
9. How many games can I get in for free/cheap next season?
10. Who else is ready for next season? Oh right, there’s still baseball being played, just not by the Cubs…