Contests, contests, contests! It’s like we just keep giving away free crap!
Of course, that means some of you actually have to put in a bit of work and do something for us in order to get this free crap
As you know, we’ve already done a couple of fun contests and had our winners announced. More recently, Anno is giving away a free ticket to a Cubs game in the bleachers if you can be creative enough and help us make a new motivational poster.
As luck would have it, Rush from ChiCitySports.com likes us so much that not only did he allow us to use their Cubs forums and moderate them, he also wants to give away an awesome New Era Cubs cap through our blog. So we’re going to reciprocate by helping strengthen our partnership and try to funnel more of you not only to our blog, but to the messageboards as well. Read on…
World Series Dreaming
The Badass Hat Contest
In this contest, you will have to make three predictions for the Cubs based on the games from June 1 to July 1, inclusive. We will ask you to predict which Cub will lead the team in the following old-school categories: Hits, homers, and runs batted in (RBI). The winner is the one who makes the most correct predictions (tiebreakers below) and will receive one (1) New Era “Angry Cub” Logo cap from Rush himself.
- Because this is Rush’s hat and he said it was okay, everyone is eligible to enter but may enter only once. If multiple entries are submitted, we will only take the last timestamped entry based on actual time of posting and edit time. If you try to circumvent the system, we’ll know and your entry will be forfeit.
- You MUST post your entry in the designated forum thread in our joint Cubs forum before midnight Central Time on June 1. Entries timestamped after that timepoint will be deleted. Entries posted to this blog will receive appropriate Rice-snark in reply and will obviously not be eligible for the contest. That means, yes, you actually have to spend the couple minutes to sign up for a forum ID and post a comment in the thread. #firstworldproblems
- In your entry, please include the name of the Cubs player who you think will lead the team in hits, homers and RBI in all Cubs games from June 1 to July 1, inclusive. This period begins with an away series at San Francisco and concludes with a home series against the Astros. If you think the leader in all categories is the same player, just list him all three times.
- Tiebreakers: in the event of multiple correct predictions, we ask that you also submit, for each of your predicted leaders, the number of hits, homers and RBI that each will record. This will help narrow down the field. If this still doesn’t decide a winner, then also put in how much you think Rice Cube weighs in pounds. We’re bound and determined to have one winner only. Hehe
- In the event that your player prediction is injured, sorry, too bad.
- In the event that your player prediction is traded, only his totals as a Cub will be counted.
- Totals for the contest period will be determined on July 2 based on the Baseball-Reference.com 2012 Cubs database. It is based off of official MLB statistics and is therefore accurate.
To Claim Your Prize
We will announce the winner in the contest thread on the forum as well as in our blog, which will also be posted via Facebook. The winner will be announced based on the username you picked for the forum. Once you see your name, please use our contact form (scroll up and click the button that says “Contact Us”) to send us your address so Rush can mail you the awesome hat.
Have at it, folks!