Here we are in our second season opener as a true blog on World Series Dreaming. We’ve been on MLBlogs and Facebook for longer, but we have called this .com home for only a bit over a year now. And we thank you, the reader, for hanging out and interacting with us.
This blog is mostly a hobby for us, but we do take it seriously and want to do our best to inform, entertain, and educate you in all things Cubs and baseball. While we are proud of the community we’ve established on Facebook, the way Mark Zuckerberg and friends continue to mess with the Facebook interface is affecting the way we can post and interact with followers effectively. Therefore we are working harder to get more people to hang out on the blog itself, rather than Facebook, in the hopes that we can improve our search engine optimization and our exposure on various networks such as Yardbarker and Chatsports. We’ve had some success with getting hits on our articles as well as getting folks to comment on the blogs proper, so we’re hoping it continues. We also invite you to follow us on Twitter and at our new blog branch on Chicago Now.
As the Cubs rebuild, we are building for a brighter future as well. Pardon the dust as we continue to optimize the blog theme to suit our needs, but check out what we have in store for you this season and beyond…
- Chicago Cubs: Articles dealing with Cubs transactions and other relevant news.
- Cubs Games: Ivy’s game recaps that show up after each home stand and road trip.
- Minors and Scouting: Jackson’s minor league recaps that show up at the end of the week, plus news on the upcoming draft and on prospect progress.
- Bleacher Banter: General fandom from all of us as we wax poetic on being a Cubs fan.
- Non-Cubs Baseball: Because we love baseball in general, this deals with important news all across Major League Baseball, including things that could affect the Cubs either directly or indirectly.
- Random Crap: For lack of a better name, just all the artwork, parodies, silly stories and randomness as we poke fun at the Cubs and ourselves.
- Meatball With a Side of Onion: Troll section, but not completely trolling as we usually have a point.
- The Dreamcast: We work pretty hard on providing you solid information in about an hour while also entertaining you, so give it a listen and maybe win some stuff too. We would also appreciate it if you find us on iTunes and rate/review us so more fans can find us as well.
- The Store: Trust us, we’re not making money off this, but if you want some sweet swag with some cool designs to rep WSD, we totally appreciate your support!
- The top widget tells you whether the Cubs won or lost the most recent game. It also has a link to the game’s box score.
- The Yardbarker widget is lower down on the sidebar. Please share and “like” our posts so we show up on this widget more and are better established as a go-to spot for Cubs news and analysis.
- The blogroll displays many fellow Cubs and sports bloggers whom we enjoy and respect for their baseball analysis. Please give them a visit as we often share their articles.
How You Can Help
If you are a frequent follower and enjoy our blogs and banter, please help us grow by tweeting and sharing our posts. It would be best to follow Anno on Twitter. Also, on each blog post, there is a Facebook “like” button that will help drive more traffic to each blog. Of course you are more than welcome to buy stuff from our store, but honestly the best thing you can do is to drive positive word of mouth so people don’t think we’re complete crap.
Thanks for reading, thank you for following World Series Dreaming, and go Cubs!