The Cubs lost in epic fashion tonight. It was spectacular and glorious. In some ways it was predictable, but they were facing a very good Reds offense and did not have their best defense in place. This is as good a time as any to vent, even though it’s still April.
Things we know to be true…
- The Reds are good.
- The Cubs are bad.
- Dave Sappelt probably shouldn’t be allowed to play much anymore.
Other things to keep in mind…
- Starlin Castro and Anthony Rizzo will not be demoted.
- Dale Sveum will not be fired (yet).
- Walking the winning run on base is usually a very bad idea.
- Cesar Izturis is still in MLB for some reason and is also better than the Cubs.
18 down, 144 to go. Think you can handle it?