“We are excited to be the exclusive retailer selling “RizzO’s” Cereal,” Doug Cygan, Jewel-Osco vice president of marketing and merchandising, said in a statement. “We are even more thrilled to partner with Anthony Rizzo and his Foundation to help support children and their families battling cancer. We feel that our two local names can really do big things together.”
Since she was going up that-a-way anyway, the wife decided to stop by the local Jewel and pick up some RizzO’s. But I didn’t know she was going to buy FOUR boxes of them. We were gonna keep one and send one to a friend, and now I have no idea what to do with the other two.
Here is what I propose…for those of you who are out of state and therefore unable or unlikely to find this limited offer cereal, I’m willing to send the two extra boxes to two Cubs fans if you’re willing to do the following:
- Go to Rizzo’s charitable foundation website.
- Click on the link that says “DONATE“
- Donate at least $3 (the price of the box of cereal) directly to Rizzo’s foundation or to one of the listed beneficiaries on the DONATE page.
Here is a list of our primary beneficiaries in both Illinois and Florida:
• Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center at the University of Miami, Florida
• Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago, Illinois
• Joe DiMaggio’s Children’s Hospital, Florida
• The Family Reach Foundation, Illinois
• Bear Necessities Pediatric Cancer Foundation, Illinois
- Once you have donated, send a screenshot of the donation confirmation (minus the credit card and address info, obviously) to one of us on Twitter (Anno or Rice) or post directly to our Facebook page. We will contact you for a shipping address and get the RizzO’s to you ASAP.
I mean, we already paid for the cereal so Rizzo’s foundation got some money. Now it’s a chance for them to get more money for cancer research, and you get a cool keepsake. Win-win, in my opinion. What say you?
FYI: The giveaway is over as my wallet can’t cover all this charity, but if you want a box, you can always contact us and send us the cost of the box and shipping and we’ll get it to ya.